How to Use Rose Water for Beautiful Skin & Hair
Posted on 14 January 2017
From Cleopatra to Shakespeare, everyone praises the virtues of rose. Indeed, not only does this flower smell amazing, it has also numerous benefits for skin and overall well-being. There are many ways to make rose water part of your beauty routine, let’s review 6 of them.
First of all, it is essential to choose a 100% pure, organic and alcohol free rose water to really benefit from all its qualities. Bahia Rose Water is distilled using crystal-clear mountain river water, along with flowers from the Roses Valley of Kelaat M'Gouna in southwest Morocco – an area renowned for high quality blooms. It is 100% Pure and Organic!
Rose water is suitable for all skin types and could easily fit in your daily routine as suggested below:
- The first common way to use rose water is as a facial toner. Contrary to most chemical toners you can find in the market, Pure Rose water won’t make your skin dry or aggressed. In fact, it does the exact opposite, by softening and soothing your skin. Ideal if you suffer from acne or another irritation.
- Did you know that rose water also has a positive impact on the mood? Researches have shown that the smell of rose is a good antidote to stress. So, do as the ancient romans, who used to take baths of rose water. Pour a few drops into yours.
- If you want to boost shine and hair growth, try to rinse your hair with rose water by mixing a little bit of rose water with normal water in a bottle. It does make your hair glossier and softer by balancing the pH of the water, plus your hair will keep this subtle fragrance. Compliments guaranteed!
Do you often wake up with puffy eyes and dark circles that give a raccoon look? Rose water may help! It can help and prevent eye puffiness. Just place a bottle in the fridge overnight, apply some of it on a cotton pad and gently place it on your eyes.
- Use rose water as an after-sun body spray. Like in the tip before, refrigerate rose water and spray it over your body to help calm the skin. It heals red, itchy skin; this is why you can also use it as an after-shave.
- Even if rose water cannot be a substitute to anti-aging products, its antioxidant action can help remove the harmful free radicals which accelerate the aging of skin. Using rose water every day in your beauty routine is definitely a good idea to maintain a youthful skin.
Yes, Rose Water is kind of a miracle product with unexpected benefits, a real flower power in a bottle!
Is rose water part of your beauty routine? Did you know its potential? Do leave us a comment!